Get Classic Tones from Your Strat Style Guitar!
Adding a complete set of Seymour Duncan California '50s single-coil pickups is the perfect way to get that classic Strat sound. Rich, warm, and true to the vintage vibe that practically defines the sound of country, pop, rockabilly, and even classic rock, California '50s stay true to the tone of real '50s-era single-coil pickups. What's more, this set of California '50s comes with a reverse-wound/reverse polarity middle pickup, giving you an enhanced range of timeless single-coil tone. Keep reading to find out more about complete set of Seymour Duncan California '50s Stratocaster pickups.
Seymour Duncan California '50s Complete Set of Stratocaster Pickups at a Glance:
- The perfect tone for rockabilly, country, blues, and more
- Reverse middle pickup gives you even more tonal flexibility
- These Duncans provide classic tone that serious guitarists swear by
The perfect tone for rockabilly, country, blues, and more
Most of the musical styles that sprang from the sound of the electric guitar were originally established on the sound of pickups that were just like Seymour Duncan's California '50s. That's because Seymour Duncan designed their California '50s around the same core ideas. At the core, each California '50 pickup features a staggered pattern of hand-ground and sand-cast Alnico V magnets. Combined with vintage-correct materials such as Formvar magnet wire and hand-fabricated forbon bobbins, these pickups give you sweet, bell-like mids, sparkling high-end bite, and a percussive "quack" that adds just the right amount of grit to your rhythm-style strumming.
Reverse middle pickup gives you even more tonal flexibility
Unlike most true vintage pickup configurations, Seymour Duncan California '50s set gives you a reverse-polarity, reverse-wound middle pick up for an even broader range of tones. What that means is that in positions 1, 3, and 5, your Strat style guitar will give you classic 3-position tones. But in positions 2 and 4, the reversed phase of your California '50s middle pickup will combine with the standard bridge or neck pickup, essentially acting as a humbucker.
These Duncans provide classic tone that serious guitarists swear by
Check out some of the big names using these amazing Seymour Duncan California '50s pickups. There's Reba McEntire's guitarist, Dan Schafer, and Shania Twain's guitarist, David Levitt. Doug Pettibone, who plays for Alanis Morissette, uses California '50s as well, and so does Scott Henderson from Lucinda Williams's band. These are just a few, but their some of the hardest working guitar players in the industry and absolute gurus when it comes to vintage guitar tone. Take you cue from these pros and others.
Seymour Duncan California '50s Complete Set of Stratocaster Pickups Features:
- These vintage-style single-coil pickups let you capture the classic sound of the '50s and '60s
- Perfect pickups for playing country, pop, surf, rockabilly, blues, ska, and classic rock
- Made with authentic hand ground, sand cast, Alnico-5 magnets arranged in a vintage, right-handed, stagger pattern
- Hand-fabricated and lacquered forbon bobbins plus heavy Formvar magnet wire provide vintage sweetness, sparkle, and shine
- Reverse wound, reverse polarity middle pickup provides hum-cancelation in positions 2 and 4
- Ideal for warmer toned ash, alder, or basswood body instruments
- Works especially well with rosewood fingerboards
Capture the classic sound of a 1950s Strat with this complete set of Seymour Duncan California '50s vintage-style single-coil pickups!
|Unit Of Measure||ea|