Seymour Duncan Dave Mustaine Thrash Factor Electric Guitar Pickup Set - Black
Make 4 interest-free payments of $99.75 fortnightly and receive your order now.
Re-create an Iconic Thrash Metal Tone
You'll be hard-pressed to find a metal guitarist anywhere who doesn't respect Dave Mustaine's Rust in Peace-era tone. The tight lows, scooped mids, and aggressive highs that fueled the album's breakneck riffs, complex arrangements, fluid time signatures, and blazing-fast leads are the stuff of myths and legends. Now, thanks to Seymour Duncan, you can harness that sound for yourself. The Dave Mustaine Thrash Factor bridge pickup is perfectly complemented by the Seymour Duncan '59 Model SH-1 neck pickup. Drop the Dave Mustaine Thrash Factor Pickup Set into your axe, crank up a British stack, and you'll re-create one of the most iconic guitar tones in metal history.
A JB unlike any other
Dave Mustaine's guitar tone on Rust in Peace epitomizes thrash metal. He primarily achieved this sound using a guitar loaded with a Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB bridge pickup. Dave maintains that the sound of the JB in this guitar was markedly different than an off-the-shelf pickup. To create the Dave Mustaine Thrash Factor, Seymour Duncan worked closely with Dave, employing an altered winding process to duplicate the tone of his JB. The result is similar to an SH-4 JB, but with tighter lows, slightly scooped mids, and more aggressive highs. If you've been searching for a way to hot rod your axe, this is it!
Complemented by a '59 Model SH-1
During the recording of Rust in Peace, Dave supplemented his SH-4 JB bridge pickup with a '59 Model SH-1 neck pickup. The Dave Mustaine Thrash Factor Pickup Set includes this pickup, giving you full access to the tone showcased on this landmark album. The '59 Model SH-1 neck pickup is Seymour Duncan's take on the classic Seth Lover PAF (Patent Applied For) humbucker, delivering a vintage-soaked sound reminiscent of late-'50s Gibson Les Pauls. The SH-1 sports a slightly more scooped midrange than the Seth Lover model and is vacuum wax potted for squeal-free performance.
Seymour Duncan Dave Mustaine Thrash Factor Pickup Set Features:
- A re-creation of the SH-4 JB bridge pickup used during the recording of Megadeth's Rust in Peace
- Designed in collaboration with Dave Mustaine
- An altered winding process was used to duplicate the tone of the original pickup
- Delivers a tone similar to a stock SH-4 JB, but with tighter lows, slightly scooped mids, and more aggressive highs
- Alnico V magnets supply robust output and an aggressive, punchy sound
- A '59 Model SH-1 neck pickup to give you full access to Dave's Rust in Peace-era tone
- Magnet Material:Alnico V
- Position:Bridge, Neck
- Number of Conductors:4 wire plus shield
- DC Resistance:8.8K (bridge), 7.6K (neck)
- Number of Strings:6
- Covering:Black, Uncovered
- Manufacturer Part Number:11108-18-B
|Unit Of Measure||ea|