EMG Jim Root Daemonum Set Humbucker Guitar Pickup Set - Black
Jim Root's Signature EMG Set
For years, Jim Root (Slipknot, Stone Sour) was a devoted user of the EMG 81/60 pickup set. In 2017, he and EMG set out to create a set of pickups that combine the strength and power of the 81/60 with the versatility of EMG's Retro Active design. After testing multiple prototypes during the recording sessions for Slipknot's 6th studio album, the Daemonum set was born. Consisting of two passive humbuckers driven through an active preamp, these pickups create a massive wall of sound that cuts to the front of the mix. Whether you're playing palm-muted rhythm parts or sizzling solos, Jim Root's signature set of Daemonum EMGs will help you find the perfect tone. The Jim Root Daemonum Set includes EMG's exclusive solderless install system.
Retro Active: the best of both worlds
The Jim Root Daemonum pickup set is a member of EMG's Retro Active Series. By combining old-school passive pickups with an active preamp, these pickups deliver the feel and response of passive pickups with the advantages of active pickup systems. Retro Active pickups are incredibly responsive and versatile. When running wide open, they can create massive metal tones. As soon as you roll back the volume though, they sweeten up for glassy cleans.
EMG Jim Root Daemonum Pickup Set Features:
- Designed in collaboration with Slipknot's Jim Root
- Combines the power of active pickups with the sensitive touch of passive pickups
- Active preamp eliminates unwanted noise and outputs low-impedance signal
- Neck pickup uses ceramic poles for clean, percussive tone
- Bridge pickup uses black steel poles for brutal riffing
- Solderless install system makes it easy to install in almost any guitar
- Includes all necessary components for installation
|Unit Of Measure||ea|